Fulton County Fair Horse Show
Fulton County Fairgrounds, McConnellsburg
Sunday, August 14, 2016
Time 8:30 a.m.
Ribbons given for 6 places.
Entry Fee $6.00 per class
1st - $10.00 2nd - $8.00 3rd - $6.00 4th - $4.00
Mule Jumping and Driving Classes
Entry Fee - $8.00 per class
1st - $12.00 2nd - $10.00 3rd - $8.00 4th - $6.00
For more information contact: Kerry or Michelle DeShong at 717-552-0027 or 717-816-3419 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Negative coggins required. To save time you may access & complete these forms prior to the show; you will find them located on Fulton County Fair’s website: www.fultoncountypafair.com. Forms will also be available at the show.
01 Yearlings & Under in Hand
02 Sr Youth Showmanship (14 to 18)
03 JR Youth Showmanship (13 & Under)
04 PeeWee Showmanships (10 & Under)
05 English Type Mares & Geldings in Hand
06 Adult Showmanship (19 & over)
07 Draft Type Mares & Geldings in Hand
08 Stock Type Mares & Geldings in Hand
09 Miniature Horse in Hand
10 Miniature Horse Showmanship
11 Mule or Donkey Halter
12 Leadline (6 & Under)
13 JR All Day English Horse
14 SR All Day English Horse
15 JR English Pleasure Horse
16 SR English Pleasure Horse
17 SR Youth English Pleasure (14 to 18)
18 Novice Pleasure (1st & 2nd yr. riders)
19 Jr Youth English Pleasure (13 and Under)
20 Short Stirrup Pleasure (12 and Under)
21 Novice Equitation (1st & 2nd yr. riders)
22 SR Youth English Equitation (14-18)
23 JR Youth English Equitation (13 & Under)
24 Short Stirrup Equitation (12 & Under)
25 Hunter Hack (2 jumps not to exceed 2 ft.)
26 Miniature Horse Jumping
27 Mule Jumping
28 Novice Reining
L U N C H B R E A K
29 Open Trail
30 Miniature Horse Trail
31 SR Horse All Day Western
32 JR Horse All Day Western
33 SR Western Pleasure Horse
34 JR Western Pleasure Horse
35 Open Green Horse All Day Pleasure (2-3 yr. olds only)
36 Mule or Donkey Pleasure
37 SR Youth Western Pleasure (14-18)
38 JR Youth Western Pleasure (13 & Under)
39 Open Adult All Day (19 & Over)
40 SR Youth Western Equitation (14-18)
41 JR Youth Western Equitation (13 & Under)
42 Miniature Horse Driving
43 Draft Type Animal Driving Single or Team Hitch
(Brief Warm-up before first game class)
44 Youth 50 Yard Dash (17 & Under)
45 Adult 50 Yard Dash (18 & Over)
46 Youth Flag Race (17 and under)
47 Adult Flag Race (18 and over)
48 Youth Barrel Race (17 & Under)
49 Adult Barrel Race (18 & Over)
50 Youth Pole Bending (17 & Under)
51 Adult Pole Bending (18 & Over)
52 Youth Raised Box Keyhole (17 & Under)
53 Adult Raised Box Keyhole (18 & Over)
AQHA rules apply. NO REFUNDS. Please leave a blank check or pay as you ride. Green Horse classes must be shown in a snaffle bit or bosal. JR Horse is 5 yrs & under; SR Horse is 6 yrs & over. Novice classes are walk, trot, or jog, English or Western, and riders may not cross-enter into any canter class. Short Stirrup classes may not cross-enter into any canter class. EXHIBITORS MUST WEAR PROPER ATTIRE. The show grounds are located at the Fulton County Fairgrounds, 888 Lincoln Way East (Rt. 30), McConnellsburg, PA 17233. Enter at entrance marked “Horse Show”.
An equine activity sponsor and an equine professional shall post the following notice and include the notice in contracts, riding and lesson agreements, registration and entry forms and any other documents required by the equine activity sponsor and equine professional for the participation in an equine activity:
“Warning: Under Pennsylvania law an equine professional and equine activity sponsor is not liable for an injury to or death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities.”
56 Good Housekeeping Award (for horse
barn exhibitors during week of fair) Ribbon, Rosette, or Trophy
Good Housekeeping Award will be given according to :
- willingness to help other exhibitors
- involvement in appearance of the barn (including aisle-way, tack/feed room, etc.)
- general stall appearance and cleanliness
Stall Decorating Contest
This year’s theme will be: “Country Christmas”
Winner will be chosen according to:
- relevance to theme
- cleanliness of stall and aisle-way
- educational qualities of decorations
- general appearance of stall
Aisle-way must remain clear during fair hours; physical structure of the stall may not be altered; all doors must be fully operational, in case of emergency; decorations can not pose a hazard to your horse, other exhibitors, their horse, or fair guests; if staples or nails are used they must be removed before the departure of your horse.
Fulton County Fair Horse Barn Exhibition
Ethics and Rules
1. Check-in will not be before noon on Saturday, August 13, 2016.
2. Stall assignments will be posted.
3. Stall availability is based upon participation in current fair show, membership in the Fulton County 4-H Horse and Pony Club, and past exhibiting history.
4. Stalls will be assigned to best fit the size of the horse.
5. Stalls are to be cleaned daily before 10:00 a.m.
6. Animals are to be fed and watered at least one time per day.
7. Animals are to be in stalls during high traffic times at the fair.
8. If animals deposit manure outside of the stall when being moved around the fairgrounds or outside of the stall, the handler is responsible for cleaning up the manure.
9. Each individual is responsible for cleaning the wash rack after their use. Leave it in better shape than before using it.
10. Animals are to be washed and returned to stalls before the general public enters the fairground.
11. Awards, ribbons and/or trophies are to be displayed at the stalls. These awards are from the current fair horse show only.
12. Decorations are to fit the stall fronts. Stalls are not to be structurally altered.
13. Horses are not to leave the fairgrounds before 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 20. They are to be removed before 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 21. Early removal of any animals will be cause for forfeiture of any premiums and restricted exhibition privileges in the future.
14. Upon animal departure from the fair, all manure and bedding material is to be removed from the stall.
15. All soiled bedding and manure is to be placed at designated areas.
16. Each individual is responsible for their own fed pans, buckets, hoses, forks, shovels, wheelbarrows, etc.
17. Exhibitor will use bedding provided/sold from the fair association through the livestock superintendent.
18. Aisle/walkways are not to be obstructed at any time with feed, tack, or any other objects.
19. Good housekeeping award will be presented on Saturday, August 20. This will be based upon scoring done daily on horse and stall cleanliness, stall decorating, and overall participation with barn appearance.
20. Fans are permitted but must be secured for animal and spectator safety.
21. Youth that spend the night at the barn must have written parental consent and be accompanied by at least one adult. If undesirable conduct is determined, parents will be called to remove the youth immediately.
22. No smoking or open flames allowed.
23. Halters and lead ropes are to be readily accessible for each animal stalled in the barn.
24. Emergency contact numbers are to be posted or on file in the fair office.
25. Horses that chew on the stalls or windows will be asked to leave.
26. Any structural damage done to stalls by horses will be repaired at the expense of the exhibitor/owner.
27. Exhibitors are responsible for any injury that a horse may cause to a spectator.
28. Any horse exhibited at the fair will participate in at least one class of the open horse show.
29. Health papers will be presented at check-in and the fair association will keep a copy on file.
30. Health requirements are stated in the rules for the open horse show.
31. NO STALLIONS over 1 year of age can be exhibited in the barn.
32. Any horse or exhibitor that does not adhere to the rules can be asked to leave at any time, will forfeit any premiums for this fair, and will not be allowed to exhibit in the future.