Fulton County Fair Horse Show
Fulton County Fairgrounds, McConnellsburg
Sunday, July 29, 2018
Time 8:30 a.m.
Ribbons given for 6 places.
Entry Fee $6.00 per class
1st - $10.00 2nd - $8.00 3rd - $6.00 4th - $4.00
Mule Jumping and Driving Classes
Entry Fee - $8.00 per class
1st - $12.00 2nd - $10.00 3rd - $8.00 4th - $6.00
For more information contact: Troy or Rachel Layton at 717-977-8954 or 717-372-8144 or email:
email@example.com. Negative Coggins is required.
1. Adult Showmanship (19 & Over)
2. Sr. Youth Showmanship (14-18)
3. Jr. Youth Showmanship (11-13)
4. PeeWee Showmanship (10 & Under)
5. Novice Showmanship (1st & 2nd Year Riders)
6. Miniature Horse Showmanship
7. Yearlings & Under In Hand
8. Two Year Olds In Hand
9. Jr. Horse In Hand
10. Sr. Horse In Hand
11. Miniature Horse In Hand
12. Mule & Donkey In Hand
13. Leadline (6 & Under)
14. Adult English Pleasure (19 & Over)
15. Sr. Youth English Pleasure (14-18)
16. Jr. Youth English Pleasure (11-13)
17. PeeWee English Pleasure (10 & Under)
18. Novice English Pleasure (1st & 2nd Year Riders)
19. Sr. All Day English Horse
20. Jr. All Day English Horse
21. Sr. English Pleasure Horse
22. Jr. English Pleasure Horse
23. Adult English Equitation (19 & Over)
24. Sr. Youth English Equitation (14-18)
25. Jr. Youth English Equitation (11-13)
26. PeeWee English Equitation (10 & Under)
27. Novice English Equitation (1st & 2nd Year Riders)
28. Hunter Hack (2 Jumps Not to Exceed 2ft.)
29. Miniature Horse Jumping
30. Miniature Horse Hunter
31. Mule & Donkey Jumping
32. Open Horse Trail
33. Miniature Horse in Hand Trail
34. Novice Reining
35. Working Western
36. Adult Western Pleasure (19 & Over)
37. Sr. Youth Western Pleasure (14-18)
38. Jr. Youth Western Pleasure (11-13)
39. PeeWee Western Pleasure (10 & Under)
40. Novice Western Pleasure (1st & 2nd Year Riders)
41. Sr. All Day Western Horse
42. Jr. All Day Western Horse
43. Sr. Western Pleasure Horse
44. Jr. Western Pleasure Horse
45. Mule & Donkey Pleasure
46. Adult Western Horsemanship (19 & Over)
47. Sr. Youth Western Horsemanship (14-18)
48. Jr. Youth Western Horsemanship (11-13)
49. PeeWee Western Horsemanship (10 & Under)
50. Novice Western Horsemanship (1st & 2nd Year Riders)
51. Miniature Horse Driving
52. Draft Type Animal Driving Single or Team Hitch
53. Youth 50 Yard Dash (18 & Under)
54. Adult 50 Yard Dash (19 & Over)
55. Youth Flag Race (18 & Under)
56. Adult Flag Race (19 & Over)
57. Youth Barrel Racing (18 & Under)
58. Adult Barrel Racing (19 & Over)
59. Youth Pole Bending (18 & Under)
60. Adult Pole Bending (19 & Over)
61. Youth Raised Box Keyhole (18 & Under)
62. Adult Raised Box Keyhole (19 & Over)
AQHA rules apply. NO REFUNDS. Please leave an open check or pay as you ride. Jr. Horse classes must be shown in a snaffle bit or bosal. Jr. Horse is 5 years old and under; Sr. Horse is 6 years old and over. All Novice and PeeWee classes are walk, trot or jog. PeeWee riders may NOT cross enter into any canter or lope classes. Novice exhibitors are only permitted to enter into canter or lope classes IF those classes are either Hunter Hack, Novice Reining, or Working Western. Exhibitors MUST wear appropriate attire. The show grounds are located at the Fulton County Fairgrounds, 888 Lincoln Way East (Rt. 30), McConnellsburg, PA 17233. Enter at entrance marked “Horse Show”.
“Warning: Under Pennsylvania law an equine professional and equine activity sponsor is not liable for an injury to or death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities.”
56 Good Housekeeping Award (for horse barn exhibitors during week of fair)
Good Housekeeping Award will be given according to:
- willingness to help other exhibitors
- involvement in appearance of the barn (including aisle-way, tack/feed room, etc.)
- general stall appearance and cleanliness
Stall Decorating Contest
This year’s theme will be: “My Favorite Horse Event”
Winner (1st, 2nd & 3rd) will be chosen according to:
- relevance to theme
- cleanliness of stall and aisle-way
- general appearance of stall
Aisle-way must remain clear during fair hours; physical structure of the stall may not be altered; all doors must be fully operational, in case of emergency; decorations cannot pose a hazard to your horse, other exhibitors, their horse, or fair guests; if staples or nails are used they must be removed before the departure of your horse.
Fulton County Fair Horse Barn Exhibition
Ethics and Rules
1. Check-in will not be before noon on Saturday, July 28, 2018.
2. Stall assignments will be posted.
3. Stall availability is based upon participation in current fair show, membership in the Fulton County 4-H Horse and Pony Club, and past exhibiting history.
4. Stalls will be assigned to best fit the size of the horse.
5. Stalls are to be cleaned daily before 10:00 a.m.
6. Animals are to be fed and watered at least one time per day.
7. Animals are to be in stalls during high traffic times at the fair.
8. If animals deposit manure outside of the stall when being moved around the fairgrounds or outside of the stall, the handler is responsible for cleaning up the manure.
9. Each individual is responsible for cleaning the wash rack after their use. Leave it in better shape than before using it.
10. Animals are to be washed and returned to stalls before the general public enters the fairground.
11. Awards, ribbons and/or trophies are to be displayed at the stalls. These awards are from the current fair horse show only.
12. Decorations are to fit the stall fronts. Stalls are not to be structurally altered.
13. Horses are not to leave the fairgrounds before 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 4. They are to be removed before 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 20. Early removal of any animals will be cause for forfeiture of any premiums and restricted exhibition privileges in the future.
14. Upon animal departure from the fair, all manure and bedding material is to be removed from the stall.
15. All soiled bedding and manure is to be placed at designated areas.
16. Each individual is responsible for their own feed pans, buckets, hoses, forks, shovels, wheelbarrows, etc.
17. Exhibitor will use bedding provided from the fair association through the livestock superintendent.
18. Aisle/walkways are not to be obstructed at any time with feed, tack, or any other objects.
19. Good housekeeping award will be presented on Saturday, August 19. This will be based upon scoring done daily on horse and stall cleanliness, stall decorating, and overall participation with barn appearance by exhibitor.
20. Fans are permitted but must be secured for animal and spectator safety.
21. Youth that spend the night at the barn must have written parental consent and be accompanied by at least one adult. If undesirable conduct is determined, parents will be called to remove the youth immediately.
22. No smoking or open flames allowed.
23. Halters and lead ropes are to be readily accessible for each animal stalled in the barn.
24. Emergency contact numbers are to be posted or on file in the fair office.
25. Horses that chew on the stalls or windows will be asked to leave.
26. Any structural damage done to stalls by horses will be repaired at the expense of the exhibitor/owner.
27. Exhibitors are responsible for any injury that a horse may cause to a spectator.
28. Any horse exhibited at the fair will participate in at least one class of the open horse show.
29. Health papers will be presented at check-in and the fair association will keep a copy on file.
30. Health requirements are stated in the rules for the open horse show.
31. NO STALLIONS over 1 year of age can be exhibited in the barn.
32. Any horse or exhibitor that does not adhere to the rules can be asked to leave at any time, will forfeit any premiums for this fair, and will not be allowed to exhibit in the future.