FULTON COUNTY FAIR GENERAL RULES
- Please refer to that tab in the menu for more information.
EVENT GUIDELINES & RULES LISTED UNDER THAT EVENT'S TAB
Tough Wheels Competition
PAY OUT FOR MOTOR VEHICLES First - $250 Second - $100 Third - Trophy
Motor vehicles and ATV's will compete for the fastest time while navigating the off road course.
All classes; general rules and vehicle specific rules as well as vehicle descriptions are listed below. For additional information call Daryl at 717-830-0224.
Race Driver Registration: $15 (either ATV or Truck) or $20 for both ATV & Truck events
Registration starts at 5:00 pm. Registration closes at 7pm. No exceptions-no late entries! A mandatory driver meeting will be held prior to start of event. Tough Wheels will start right after 4 Wheel Rodeo.
**Tug of war event will be an optional event after timed tough wheel runs. Fee is an additional $5 if already participated in tough wheels. Vehicles must have a spot on rear to allow hook up for clevises.
All racers, pits crew members and associated parties must sign an insurance waiver and wear a prominently displayed pit pass. Pit passes are $10 each and available at the vehicle registration.
**Rules and Classes used are that of the Fulton County Fair Association. General and vehicles specific rules and classes are listed separately below.**
GENERAL RULES FOR TOUGH WHEELS RACING APPLIES TO ALL RACING EVENTS:
**See ATV & Truck Specific Tough Wheels Rules for Additional Rules**
General rules apply to every class, all drivers, vehicles and pit crew members in the pits.
This is an open class event. Participants will be running against the clock for time.
1. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITTED ANYWHERE ON THE GROUNDS! Open or closed container does not matter. This is non-negotiable. Any violation of this rule will lead to racer and pit crew automatically being escorted off the grounds without the refunding of entry fees or pit passes.
2. All individuals planning to participate in tough wheels competition must register, pay the entry fees, submit their vehicle to inspection, sign the insurance waiver, and wear "prominently displayed" pit pass. No one is to be in the pit area without signing the insurance waiver, and wearing a "prominently displayed" Pit Pass.
3. Elimination format will be determined by the head official.
4. All competitors must wear shirt, pants and shoes in competition. ATV drivers see more specifications under ATV rules.
5. All tough wheels racing is performed at racers own risk.
6. A technical and safety inspection by officials is required at time of registration. Any decisions by the officials regarding what class a vehicle may participate in are FINAL!!
7. All drivers are required to attend driver's meeting prior of start of event.
8. Officials reserve the right to re-inspect any vehicle participating in the event.
9. Any vehicle that touches the white line, traffic cones, or Jersey Barricades either side of the truck's lane will be penalized by adding additional time to finishing time.
10. Winners will return to the staging area immediately in order to receive staging instructions for their next race.
11. ANY and ALL rules are subject to alteration by officials for the needs of the event. Officials will attempt to relay any event rule alterations at the driver's meeting prior to the event starting.
12. Failure to observe any and all rules by driver or pit crew may result in disqualification without the refunding of entry fees or pit passes.
13. The use of foul language, arguing with event officials, or other unsportsmanlike conduct is cause for disqualification of BOTH the driver and the vehicle for the event!! Such actions will also be considered cause for being barred from future events.
14. Driver is responsible for the actions and conduct of his or her own pit crew.
15. All racing decisions such as winners and possible disqualifications are FINAL. There is NO APPEAL PROCESS.
1. No speeding or hot rodding in the pit area. Any vehicle in the opinion of "event officials" engaging in "horseplay" or operating in an unsafe manner may be ejected from the event, escorted out of the pit area, disqualified, and barred from future events.
2. Driver must stay with their vehicle while their class is participating. Failure to stay with your vehicle can result in a disqualification. Drivers may not leave the driver’s seat while vehicle is on the track. Driver will take all directions from the officials while on the track and in the pit area.
3. No one is permitted on track except officials and racers. The only exception is: pit crew members are only permitted on track to aid in restarting a disabled participating vehicle.
ATV Specific Racing Rules
**See General Tough Wheels Racing Rules for Additional Rules**
1. All riders must meet the following safety requirements in order to participate: DOT helmet - goggles - long sleeves - long pants - no holes in any of your clothing
2. Fully operation kill switch is required.
3. No passengers are permitted on ATVs.
4. Any driver who is under 16 must have a consent waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
5. Rider will be determined age appropriate to machine at officials discretion.
6. A motor sport approved neck collar is required.
Truck, SUV or Car Specific Tough Wheels Racing Rules
**See General Rules for Additional Rules**
1. A valid photo driver's license is required for the driver.
2. All Racers must be at least 16 years or older to enter any class. Any driver who is 16 or 17 must have a consent waiver signed by guardian.
3. All Drivers must wear shirt, pants and shoes in competition.
4. Vehicle registration and insurance may be requested by officials for the showroom and street classes.
5. A windshield or wire mesh is recommended for all vehicles.
6. Seatbelts are to be worn in ALL classes.
7. Passengers are not permitted.
8. 2 1/2 lb. fire extinguisher with gauge mounted on an approved mounting bracket within drivers reach is highly recommended
9. One 1" roll bar padding highly recommended within 18" of driver's helmet
10. Complete firewall must protect the driver's compartment front and rear and shield from body side to body side
11. Open top vehicles must have approved cover and / or safety netting over driver's compartment
12. The use of arm restraints or approved window netting is highly recommended
13. Vehicles without permanent doors must have approved side protection
14. No fuel, oil, and / or coolant lines in driver's compartment
15. All batteries must be securely fastened and covered with non-conductive material but not located in driver's compartment. Dry and / or gel batteries are highly recommended.
16. A motor sport approved neck collar is highly recommended
17. Approved automotive SNELL 90/DOT helmet
18. A minimum of a production type shoulder and lap belt restraint system is required
19. Valid photo identification and minimum age of 16
20. No superchargers, turbochargers and / or nitrous oxide
21. Pump gas and production high octane fuels are permitted. No fuel additives permitted.
22. Radiator must remain in stock position. Electric fans are permitted and must be shrouded
23. No composite, carbon fiber or fiberglass springs
24. No cantilever or compound suspension
25. Shock must stay within confines of stock production bodies. No adjustable shocks while vehicle is in motion are permitted
26. Coll- over shocks and multiple shock kits are permitted
27. Wheel travel not to exceed 14" with positive limiting stops and straps / chains in place
28. All vehicles must use production type steering boxes. Hydraulic steering is not permitted
29. No rear steering
30. Vehicles must have operable brakes on all four wheels that apply adequate braking force to lock-up all wheels. No pinion brakes. No steering brakes
31. Hubcaps and / or wheel coverings must be removed. All lug nuts in place.
32. All tires and rims must be DOT approved. No vulcanization on tire.
33. Drive shaft loops are highly recommended.
34. Stock production frames only
35. Vehicles must resemble a truck, jeep or SUV. Bodies must completely cover the frame.
36. All vehicles must have adequate tow hooks in both front and rear